The hotel is located 25 km from PañueloPort, in San Carlos de Bariloche city. The only access routes are, sailing Nahuel Huapi Lakefrom Pañuelo Port, or crossing from Chile through the Andean Crossing, a journey that connects Argentina with Chile through the lakes.
The original hotel, built in wood, was founded in 1904, when the commercial traffic between Argentina and Chile was intense and this route was the main one in the region. Since then, it has hosted travelers from all over the world until 2009. After a refurbishment and enhancement, it reopened in 2015, preserving details of the style and historical architectural charm.